- DATAJUSTICE – ERC Starting Grant (funded by the European Research Council). Access the project website here.
- Democratising the Datafied Society (funded by the Open Society Foundations): Expanding our earlier work on civic participation in the scoring society, we explore specific impacts of datafication and grassroots initiatives that advance people’s voices in data governance. Read more about the project here.
- Data Harm Record: Provides a running record of data harms that have caused by the uses of big data. The document compiles the examples of harms that have been detailed in previous research and publications. You can access the Record here.
- Big Data from the South (in collaboration with DATACTIVE): An initiative for theoretical and empirical exchange on the challenges of datafication and massive data collection as they unfold in the plurality of South(s) inhabiting our increasingly complex world. Read more about the initiative here.
- bot populi: An online magazine on current debates regarding social justice in a digital world, which the Data Justice Lab has developed together with a group of international organisations including IT for Change, Derechos Digitales, Agencia Latinoamericana de Information (ALAI) and others.
- Advancing Data Justice in the Well-Being of Future Generations (Wales) Act (funded by EPSRC Network+: Social Justice Through the Digital Economy). Read more about the project here.
- Towards Democratic Auditing: Civic Participation in the Scoring Society (funded by the Open Society Foundations). Read more about the project here.
- Automating Public Services: Learning from Cancelled Systems (in partnership with Carnegie UK Trust). Read more about the project here.
- Data Scores as Governance: Investigating uses of citizen scoring (funded by the Open Society Foundations). Read more about the project here.
- Data Policies: Regulatory Approaches for Data-Driven Platforms in the UK and EU (in collaboration with ITforChange, funded by the IDRC). Read more about the project here.
Previous projects (before the formal establishment of the Data Justice Lab):